“Every famous athlete, every famous performer has somebody who’s a coach, somebody who can watch what they’re doing and say, ‘Is that what you really meant? Did you really do that thing?’ and give them perspective. The one thing people are never good at is seeing themselves how others see them. A coach really, really helps.”
~Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of alphabet, on coaching
Join now and you will:
- Learn, practice, and implement the client intake and retention cycle
- Set your intentions around the firm or practice you want to lead
- Collaborate with your network of referral sources, colleagues, industry partners, and clients
- Practice asking for the business
- Create a pipeline for new clients
- Communicate your value
- Justify your rates
Your coach, Monica Phillips, President of Spark Plug Labs
- 16 years of experience coaching lawyers
- Led BD and marketing in large law firms from 1998-2013
- Expansive network across industries and location
- Passion for women leaders
- Certified Professional Coach, International Coach Federation, Institute of Coaching, Coaches Training Institute
About the program:
- 30-minute individual discovery session to help customize the program around your needs ($300 value)
- 5 group training webinars, see dates below. Sessions are recorded in case you miss one. ($1000 value)
- One 30-minute individual coaching session ($300 value)
- General Counsel Panel - see details below
- Develop your elevator pitch. ($250 value)
- Create your business development plan. ($250 value)
- Training materials that guide you through best practices in social media, office culture/politics, relationship building (more meaningful relationships with your network), maximizing your participation at conferences and events, rainmaker habits, and more. ($800 value)
- Identify key strategies and tactics to leverage your marketing beyond lunch dates.
- Meet other women who are working towards the same goal and learn from each other. Program concludes with an alumni networking event that offers all program participants the opportunity to develop a peer network and take advantage of a discussion forum for sharing best practices.
- Join from the comfort of your own location.
Sessions take place between 10-11am pacific/1-2pm eastern except where noted.
Session 1, Friday, April 15
Business Development Introduction – an overview of key elements of business development, an opportunity to set your leverage points, identify your top 10 key targets, review business plans.
Session 2, Wednesday, April 27
The Sales Cycle – An overview of the sales cycle (from client intake to retention). Materials will be provided in advance. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions, practice, and discuss key challenges.
Session 3, Wednesday, May 11
Communicate Your Value – Practice sharing what you know with the people who matter; learn what works when asking for the business; practice your elevator pitch.
*General Counsel panel - included for all program participants. May 25, 10:30 am pacific/1:30 pm eastern
The panel will help women lawyers understand how to connect with the decision-makers and get a seat at the table. It is about creating a community that helps women thrive. Learn how to connect with the decision-makers and find out what is most important to them. Confirmed panelists include: Eleanor Lacey, VP, General Counsel & Secretary at SurveyMonkey; Jennifer Adams Draffen, Associate General Counsel at Facebook; and A. Michelle (Shelli) Willis, Deputy General Counsel and Senior Vice President, SunTrust Bank.
Session 4, Wednesday, May 26
Relationship-Building – Expand your network of referral sources, colleagues, industry partners, and clients to leverage the work you are doing and build your brand.
(Individual coaching sessions scheduled between sessions 4 and 5.)
Session 5, Monday, June 13
Roundtable – Key take-aways; summary of learning; implementation strategy.
Check-in by email within two weeks of the program.
“I had the good fortune of having Monica as my business development coach last year. Monica is a breath of fresh air. She will inspire you to take action on to-do items which have been lingering for years. Always passionate, upbeat and insightful, she was invaluable in helping me get organized in my marketing plan and adding structure to my business development efforts. I am still benefiting from the steps we implemented when we worked together. I would highly recommend Monica to anyone looking to make meaningful progress in their business development.”
~partner, leading real estate law firm
$1095 by March 29
$1250 after March 29
Clients report an ROI of 10-49x their investment
Would you like to find out more about the program before you register? Please contact me. I would be happy to answer all of your questions and help you decide if this program is the right fit for you.