There is something so incredibly rewarding about doing what you love and having people honor, value, and appreciate what you do and what you bring to others. I coach a lot of clients on that topic. I also get to experience it every day.
But, it takes courage to do what you love and offer your value to others.
Many people get stuck in routine and a comfort zone with habits that don't allow them to do more and be more. We are often afraid of being great. It is easier to be average and do what's easy. When we are great, then others expect more from us.
If you are feeling this way, read on and get ready to take some notes.
Stop and imagine what your life would be like if you took courageous action. Now write down the answers to these two questions:
- If you could do one thing right now that would make the most difference in your life, what would it be?
- What is keeping you from doing it now?
How much do you want that life? The best part is you are not alone. Many people want you to be the best version of yourself and you may not even know them yet. It is exciting to have successful friends.
Do these five things and start seeing the change you need to have the life you want.
1. Meet someone new. Identify five people on LinkedIn who do something that inspires you and ask to meet them for coffee, lunch, a walk, etc. Maybe you'll get lucky and meet five new people.
2. Try something different today. Identify one bad habit and stop doing it.
3. Stretch out of your comfort zone. List three action items that could help you meet your goal. Identify the people and resources you need to help you complete those action items. Schedule your next steps in your calendar. Be brave. Don't give up. If you miss a deadline, try again. Do your best to stay on schedule.
4. Identify an accountability partner. Who will help you stay on track and challenge you to hit your goals? Identify that person and ask him or her to touch base with you once a week.
5. Share what you wrote down to the two questions above with 10 allies and friends. Find opportunities to collaborate.
Do you want to do what's safe or do you want to do what's thrilling? Have fun doing it!
***Contact Monica to learn more about how coaching can help you accomplish your goals and move from inspiration to action.***